WeFeast Homegating by Marc Forgione (Feeds 6 people)
Homegating doesn't need to be a pain in the a**. At WeFeast, we know having people over for a game or just to hang out, means way more than just sending them a text. You need to shop, cook, prepare, blah blah blah. We get it, so we've created a feast where you don't need to do all the stuff you don't want or have time to do. We've done 90% of the work, so you can text away and have a good time. Menu includes: Pastrami spiced Creekstone Farms hanger steak, "Chinatown Style" ribs, Pat Lafrieda sausages with peppers and onion, 5-cheese mac and cheese, 24-hour franks & baked beans, Giardiniera, everything spice dip, tomatillo salsa, smoked onion remoulade
Feed 6 people ($41.50 per person)
Time left to order this weekends box:
* Place order by Wed. 12pm ET to receive current week’s order. Portions double when you choose serving size 8-10.
- Two (2) Prime Creekstone Farms chefs hanger steak, pastrami spice, grilled onion steak sauce
- One (1) full rack of "Chinatown Style" ribs (already marinated and cooked)
- Four (4) Pat Lafrieda sausages with peppers and onion
- One (1) quart of 5 cheese mac and cheese
- One (1) quart 24-hour franks & baked beans (low and slow, baby)
- One (1) quart Charleston slaw
- One (1) pint of everything spice dip
- One (1) pint of charred tomatillo salsa
- One (1) pint of giardiniera
Everything Bagel Spice Dip, Pickled Giardiniera, and Charleston Slaw
Remove the dip, giardiniera and charleston slaw from the fridge at least 1 hour before serving to come to room temperature. Serve the dip with chips.
“Chinatown Style” Ribs, Bang Bang Vinegar
- 1 hour before grilling, remove the ribs (keep in the foil) and bang bang vinegar from the fridge.
- Preheat one side of your grill to low heat and the other side to medium-high heat (where the sausages and hanger steaks will cook). Grill the ribs (in the foil) on the low side or on the upper rack for 10 minutes on each side with the grill lid open/off. Or place the wrapped ribs in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Unwrap the ribs from the foil and pour any remaining juices into the bang bang Vinegar.
- Right before serving, place the ribs on the medium-high heat side of the grill for 3 minutes on each side until well charred. OR place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes a side. Cut and serve with the Bang Bang Vinegar sauce on the side.
Pat LaFrieda Sausage, Peppers & Onions
- 1 hour before grilling, take the sausage, peppers, and onions out of the bag and onto a plate.
- While the ribs are cooking, place the sausage, peppers, and onions on the medium-high heat side of the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes on all sides. Or bake on a sheet tray in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes, until the internal temperature of the sausage is 165°F.
- Remove to a platter and cover loosely with foil to rest for 5 minutes. When ready to serve, uncover and serve with your favorite rolls or bread.
Prime Creekstone Farms Chefs Cut Hanger Steak, Pastrami Spice, Grilled Onion Steak Sauce
1 hour before grilling, remove the steak from the fridge to come to room temperature. Season the steaks with kosher salt and 2 tablespoons of pastrami spice.
- Cook the steak on the medium-high side of the grill (with the lid open/off) 2-3 minutes on all sides (8-12 minutes total) for medium rare. Or if using the stovetop, preheat a large cast iron pan over medium high heat, add a little canola or vegetable oil to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on all sides (8-12 minutes total) for medium rare. Remove the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Place the steak sauce in a small pot and place over medium heat until warmed through.
- Slice the steak (AGAINST THE GRAIN) into 6-8 thick slices and sprinkle with salt. Mix any juices left on the board into the steak sauce and spoon the sauce over the steaks.
24-Hour Franks & Baked Beans
Place the beans in a pot. If you like your beans a little saucier, add 1⁄2 cup of water (or beer). Place the pot over the low heat side of the grill or over low heat on the stove until the beans are warmed through, stirring occasionally.
Five-Cheese Mac & Cheese
- Grease an oven-safe container with butter or cooking spray. Empty the Mac & Cheese the container.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, stirring once halfway through, or until the internal temperature is 165°F. Stir until mixed well.
Grilled Onion Steak Sauce Chinatown Ribs, Bang Bang Vinegar
Wheat / Gluten
Grilled Onion Steak Sauce Chinatown Ribs, Bang Bang Vinegar Five-Cheese Mac & Cheese
Everything Spice Mix
Chinatown Ribs, Bang Bang Vinegar
Milk / Dairy
Everything Spice Dip Five-Cheese Mac & Cheese