WeFeast Memorial Day BBQ by Marc Forgione (Feeds 4)
Homegating doesn't need to be a pain in the a**. At WeFeast, we know having people over for a game or just to hang out, means way more than just sending them a text. You need to shop, cook, prepare, blah blah blah. We get it, so we've created a feast where you don't need to do all the stuff you don't want or have time to do. We've done 90% of the work, so you can text away and have a good time. Menu includes: Pastrami spiced Creekstone Farms hanger steak, Pat Lafrieda sausages with peppers and onion, 5-cheese mac and cheese, 24-hour franks & baked beans, Giardiniera, everything spice dip
Feeds 4 hungry people
Time left to order this weekends box:
* Place order by Wed. 12pm ET to receive current week’s order. Portions double when you choose serving size 8-10.
- Two (2) Prime Creekstone Farms chefs hanger steak, pastrami spice, grilled onion steak sauce
- Four (4) Pat Lafrieda sausages with peppers and onion
- One (1) quart of 5 cheese mac and cheese
- One (1) quart 24-hour franks & baked beans (low and slow, baby)
- One (1) pint of everything spice dip
- One (1) pint of giardiniera
Everything Bagel Spice Dip
1. Remove the dip from the fridge at least 1 hour before serving to come to room temperature. Serve with chips.
1. Remove the giardiniera from the fridge at least 1 hour before serving to come to room temperature.
Pat LaFrieda Sausage, Peppers & Onions
- 1 hour before grilling, take the sausage, peppers, and onions out of the bag and onto a plate.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Place the sausage, peppers, and onions on grill and cook for 5-6 minutes on all sides. Or bake on a sheet tray in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes, until the internal temperature of the sausage is 165°F.
- Remove to a platter and cover loosely with foil to rest for 5 minutes. When ready to serve, uncover and serve with your favorite rolls or bread.
Prime Creekstone Farms Chefs Cut Hanger Steak, Pastrami Spice, Grilled Onion Steak Sauce
1. 1 hour before grilling, remove the steak from the fridge to come to room temperature. Season the steaks with kosher salt and 2 tablespoons of pastrami spice.
- Cook the steak on the medium-high side of the grill (with
the lid open/off) 2-3 minutes on all sides (8-12 minutes total) for medium rare. Or if using the stovetop, preheat a large cast iron pan over medium high heat, add a little canola or vegetable oil to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on all sides (8-12 minutes total) for medium rare. Remove the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Place the steak sauce in a small pot and place over medium heat until warmed through.
- Slice the steak (AGAINST THE GRAIN) into 6-8 thick slices and sprinkle with salt. Mix any juices left on the board into the steak sauce and spoon the sauce over the steaks.
24-Hour Franks & Baked Beans
1. Place the beans in a pot. If you like your beans a little saucier, add 1⁄2 cup of water (or beer). Place the pot over the low heat side of the grill or over low heat on the stove until the beans are warmed through, stirring occasionally.
Five-Cheese Mac & Cheese
- Grease an oven-safe container with butter or cooking spray. Empty the Mac & Cheese the container.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, stirring once halfway through, or until the internal temperature is 165°F. Stir until mixed well.
Grilled Onion Steak Sauce
Wheat / Gluten
Grilled Onion Steak Sauce Five-Cheese Mac & Cheese
Everything Spice Mix
Milk / Dairy
Everything Spice Dip Five-Cheese Mac & Cheese